Lowcountry Boil is ideal for any type of get together, event, or family dinner.
Lowcountry Boil Ingredients
- 1 lb. Package Hillshire Farm Polska Kielbasa
- 4 Ears of Fresh Corn, broken in half
- 8-10 Small Red Potatoes
- 2 lbs. Fresh, Wild Caught SC Shrimp, shell on
- J & O Seasoning (available at Bluffton Oyster Factory)
- Cocktail Sauce
- Butter, melted
- In a large pot, bring around 1 1/2 gallons of water to a rolling boil. Cut sausage into 2-inch pieces and add to the water; steam for about 10 minutes. Add corn and potatoes and cook just until potatoes are fork tender. Add the shrimp to the water and tumble with other ingredients to ensure shrimp are covered in the water. Steam for around two minutes or so until the shrimp are pink. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Drain all ingredients and spread out onto a large sheet pan and sprinkle with J & O Seasoning to taste.
- Serve with cocktail sauce, melted butter and your favorite beverage. Dig in and enjoy!
- Serves four adults.
Courtesy of Toomers’ Bluffton Seafood House
For more articles about Hardeeville and the surrounding areas, go here.